Our Approach to Corporate Social Responsibility
Our goal is to demonstrate leadership and our best efforts as a responsible corporate citizen in every country and community where we do business.
Instant Brands is committed to reducing our environmental impact by efficiently using natural resources in a safe, profitable and beneficial manner for our customers, employees and communities.
- We will reduce waste from operations and increase reuse and recycling.
- We will increase energy and water efficiency and conserve raw materials.
- We will support the use of sustainable renewable materials and resources.
- We will design, manufacture and source products that promote environmental sustainability.
- Pyrex® glass products reduce a consumer’s need for single-use products.
- The Instant Pot®, Pyrex® and Corningware® products help consumers preserve food and reduce food waste.
- By 2026, we will eliminate in excess of 1.75 million single use water bottles at our locations.
- By 2026, we will remove in excess of 6.6 million pounds of styrofoam from Instant Pot® packaging.
- By 2026, we will divert in excess of 19 million pounds of waste from landfills.
Diversity and Inclusion
Instant Brands is committed to cultivating, supporting and promoting a high-performance, positive culture through inclusion and diversity strategies. Diversity goes beyond race, ethnicity and gender and encompasses the creation of an inclusive, productive and respectful culture where every employee is fully valued and participates and contributes to Instant Brand’s success. With each employee working in an environment where they can contribute their full range of talents and abilities and bring their authentic selves to work, Instant Brands will be better positioned than ever to anticipate needs, innovate world-class products and truly become the Global Consumer-Led Innovation Market Leader.
- We created and launched globally five values that guide how we conduct business every day. One of these values emphasizes the importance of an open mindset as well as embracing and respecting each other’s differences. We recognize employees demonstrating our values on our company intranet site. We have highly diverse talent across our executive team and that carries throughout every division of our organization.
- We aim to attract and retain diverse talent at all levels.
- We will continue to hold quarterly Town Hall meetings/webcasts where leaders will share strategies and perspectives.
- In 2021 we will provide leaders with tools and resources to look at the ways we listen and communication with each other, respect and value each other’s differences in problem-solving and respond to personal biases that can influence behaviors.
- We will continue to leverage our diversity to better understand our consumers in order to continue building loyalty, remain competitive and innovate new products that exceed our consumers’ expectations.
Safe and Healthy Workplace
Instant Brands is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace. We are also committed to uphold the highest ethical and legal compliance standards.
- We promote an open-door policy for all employees to report to managers any potential health, safety, and compliance concerns.
- We encourage the use of the Ethics Hotline for confidential reporting.
- We have policies in place to guide employers and suppliers conduct.
- Our Code of Business Conduct spells out our commitment to equal opportunity and fair treatment by all as well as anti-bribery and corruption compliance.
- We target 100% attendance on ethical training for employees at director level and above.